Browse CatalogueShop Now
Here is a list of questions that get asked. If your question is not below, please send us an email at email@example.com
1. Is there a difference between unfinished and clear finish on the log furniture?
Unfinished furniture has no finish on it. We suggest you finish it with our stain or yours. When we finish the furniture it receives an eco-friendly water based acrylic finish. Each piece receives 3 coats that are sprayed evenly and smoothly. The spraying allows the finish to be even and in every nook and cranny.
2. Is there a difference in colour between unfinished and finished log furniture?
Yes there is a slight difference in colour. The Clear Coat looks natural but does give the wood more contrast and bring out colours in the wood. Over time the clear finish will age naturally and darken slightly.
3. What is the warranty on the log furniture?
The furniture has a one year warranty for normal use. If a piece breaks and you need to order a replacement, please let us know and we'll do our best to get you a replacement fast and cheap.
4. Can I get a printed catalog?
We do not offer a physical catalog or brochure. We strive to provide you with a great selection of log furniture and decor at the best price possible and we do this by keeping our costs low. Please print any page from our website.
5. There are cracks in my logs! Is this normal?
All log furniture is subject to the natural process of "checking". The process of logs cracking or checking happens as wood releases moisture and normally occurs across or through the annual growth rings. It is important to know that we dry our wood in large heated rooms for months to ensure that 99% of all "checking" is already done. All logs are stress tested before production to ensure they will hold weight and time.
Checking mainly occurs on the surface of the wood and does not effect the structural performance or integrity of the wood and is thus not grounds for a return. The natural process adds to the uniqueness of the piece and has the rustic appeal many are looking for in their home or cottage. The checking will vary from log to log
6. Are your products made in Canada?
Most of our furniture is made in Canada. To give our customers more variety we do import some furniture and lamps from the United States.
7. How do I care for my log furniture?
We recommend finishing your furniture because wood is a porous material and will absorb oils in our hands or liquid that may be spilled. Finished furniture needs almost no care- just wiping /dusting as needed. You can clean unfinished furniture with a mild wood soap like Murphy's oil soap.
8. Do you sell to companies or corporations.
Yes, if you are interested on larger quantities we can assist you with your design and pricing.
9. Can I get a custom piece of furniture made?
Yes - just let us know what you need and we will get you a quote.
10. Do I have to put the furniture together or does it come in one piece.
Both - Items like dressers and night stands come fully assembled. However items like beds, Muskoka chairs have to be assembled. We put as many pieces as we can together prior to shipping but cannot ship a bed assembled. The assembly is the customers responsibility.
11. Will you sell my email or contact information?
We will never sell or give any personal information to anyone.
12. Do you have a store to come visit?
We do not have a retail store. We strive to keep our costs as low as possible for your customers. You can go to the factory for a tour if booked ahead.
13. I live close to Dundalk Ontario, can I come pick up my furniture there to avoid shipping charges?
Yes you can come pick-up furniture at the factory. Prior to completing your order you will be able to select shipping or pickup options.
14. If I live in the USA, can I order from you? Yes you can. Please send us an email and we will get pricing and shipping information to you.