Browse CatalogueShop Now
Ideas and Tips
Benefits of Barrel Saunas
Barrel Saunas for a terrific way to relax at the end of the day at your cottage or chalet. Physically, nothing is more reinvigorating than a deep, healthy sweat. Tensions fade, muscles relax and mental awareness increase. The barrel design reduces the heating area by 30% and improves the circulation without compromising on space for bathers.
Some Benefits include:
- Burn Calories: The heat increases your metabolic rate and burns energy required for sweating. The energy derived from the conversion of fat and carbs causes your body to burn up to 300 calories in a single session.
- Relieves Stress: The sauna will help you relax and offers relief from the day to day stress in our busy lives. This space offers no outside distractions and stimulates the release of endorphins.
- Relaxes Muscles: The heat of the sauna can give temporary relief to the pain in your muscles and arthritis. After a long day at the cottage, the heat will promote muscle relaxation and help reduce muscle tension and eliminate lactic acid to reduce soreness.
- Conditions your heart: The circulation increases in your heart when the body is exposed to higher temperatures which is great for your heart. The heat causes your blood vessels to dilate and increase circulation.
- Flushes Toxins: Due to the heat and core temperature rise, your blood moves to the surface and your nervous system sends signals to millions of sweat glands to produce sweat. This sweating helps reduce toxins like lead, copper, zinc, nickel and other chemicals which we encountered during the day.
- Deep Sleep: A deeper more relaxed sleep can result from the release of endorphins and your body temperature falling at bedtime. The slow, relaxing decline is the key to sleeping.
This 2000 year old tradition of saunas is enjoyed by many people who appreciated the physical and mental benefits of the heat. The combination of perspiration, rest, heat, cooling stimulates circulation, reduces tension and increases mental awareness. Enjoy your sauna and a healthier living.
Note: If you have any medical condition including heart disease or cardiovascular problems you should consult your doctor. Saunas should be avoided for pregnant women, elderly and young children. Drink lots of water to replace lost fluids. If you experience any dizziness or breathing problems, leave the sauna immediately.